Author Topic: RECIEVERSHIP 23 AND END  (Read 3511 times)

Ian H

• Administrator
    • View Profile
RECIEVERSHIP 23 AND END
« on: June 13, 2013, 09:04:02 AM »
''Yes while the girl has no need to wait she meets her secret totem mate on or close to her sixteenth birthday a man wanders sewing his seed in infertile ground till he is ready to settle. It is arranged so I will die long before you and you can impart what I have taught you by being an Aunty.''

We sat quietly for a while then I smiled. ''So you forgive me for Eve?''

''Darling you and Eve might have enjoyed the original sin but remember I was with you all the time and it was beautiful and quelled some of my fears for tonight. And not to after tonight do we owe each other fidelity.''

I laughed. ''There might be a more accurate definition of the original sin. Have you heard of Eves DNA?''

She smiled. ''We touched on it high school it's scientific name is microcondial DNA.''

He nodded. ''Last week I was reading the latest paper on Eve's DNA it appears that it defines being human in reproduction If either couples are damaged then the union is barren. You need two lots of Eve's DNA to reproduce this means the original sin wasn't sex but incest as Adam must've been Eves son. Their children were the first humans.''

Sommy blushed. I could feel her leg rubbing mine. An urge was coming over me Sommy was telling me something. I dropped my fork on the floor and bent to pick it up.

When I sat up she had a cherubic grin on her face. I grinned. ''Young lady the sooner I get you to bed the better.''

Like a sprite a Aunty was there. ''You two had best come with me before you get to carried away.''

I looked at her gone were her apron, work slacks, and worn blouse. Now she was in her Sunday best cotton print dress. It was surprising how cuddly sexy she could make a standard dress make her look.

Sommy cuddle her and fondled her breast. ''Oh Mary I'm so sorry I'm stealing your favourite boy.''

Mary chuckled. ''Sommy it isn't healthy if an aunty gets to close to a boy. That is why I sent him to Eve. If I had known what I know now things would've been different. But come on kids come with me''

She turned the closed sign around and locked the door behind us.

Sommy looked at her. ''Where are you taking us?''

Aunt Mary's belly rolled as she chuckled.  ''You don't think I would let my favourite boy and my trust daughter sleep together without getting the blessings of the spirits we are going to find the elder elder. Mr and Mrs Caxton. Correct that Yarraamaac Caxton.

THE  three of us repeated the Yarraamaac Chant together. ''One mind, two bodies forever. Two bodies capable of independent action but controlled be the same united brain.''

EverJack

• View Profile
Re: RECIEVERSHIP 23 AND END
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 12:12:31 PM »
I enjoyed the story and all the information you've given us about the Lore, Ian.  I especially liked the final paragraph:

THE  three of us repeated the Yarraamaac Chant together. ''One mind, two bodies forever. Two bodies capable of independent action but controlled by the same united brain.''

Ed

Fat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 12:28:54 PM »
Thanks Ian - it has been a great read and informative as well. (wish all study could be like that).
The double meaning in the title is yet to be.

Ian H

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 02:11:37 PM »
Ed
I was scared the subject was a bit far out. I tried to handle things as delicately as I could. I'm glad you liked it.

Don the dream teller in me took over. Dreamtellers are far more than story tellers they teach through their stories. All I wanted to do is show my conflict between my white up bringing and the lore that is in my genes. Thanks for noticing the double meaning. Just recently I posted what I thought was a brilliant triple meaning and when  nobody commented my ego suffered.

Ian

Fat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 09:36:08 PM »
I think I missed it - it would still be clever even if you have to explain it :)

Ian H

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 09:39:36 AM »
DON it was in who killed the publisher 5 see if can find it.

Ian

Fat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 03:31:03 PM »
OK - I'll go seek.

Cathrobin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 11:17:43 AM »
This was a very different story for me and introduces me to a world that is very foreign to me.  It was richly sensual...I almost forgot how the story began with the main character having to close down the paper!  Cathleen

Ian H

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 11:29:09 AM »
CATHLEEN
The big question is did I handle it delicately enough?

Cathrobin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2013, 11:32:42 AM »
Let me think on that.  It's so different to my world...Cathleen

Ian H

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2013, 11:36:56 AM »
The main thing is did it offend?

Ian H

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2013, 01:26:43 PM »
Cathleen
I lay down to relieve some pain. And I couldn't help but laugh. I'm not the first writer to build a story around the lore it was done in the early sixties and went on to sell eight million copies for all the wrong reasons. But last year I was in a discussion group and an English man agreed the writing was great but the author had a lot of odd ideas on sexuality. I had to laugh because I saw the sexuality as being Cabboolture lore.

Ian

EverJack

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2013, 09:57:51 AM »
Since you asked, Ian, about whether or not it offends........  The only thing that bothered me was the mother-in-law 'enjoying' herself along with the couple, but I guess the main reason is that it sounds so alien to me.

Ed

Ian H

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2013, 11:58:27 AM »
Ed
You have to understand we are a desert people until possibly a hundred years ago we got about naked with only a woven loin cloth not covering our genitalia but our backsides in case we sat on bindies. Every thing was out in the open and there was no where to hide. There was no secrecy about masturbation or sex for that matter every one had seen it from birth.

One thing I love about Captain Cooks journals. ON  an Island just of our cost they observe a young man and woman engaged in what he described as congress. The older women were sitting around weaving and offering the girl advice. Not that the girl needed that much advice he concluded.

Ian

Cathrobin

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2013, 01:35:03 AM »
No, Ian, it did not offend.  It was not written to shock or titillate, but to show a way of life that is so different to me that it made me a little uncomfortable.  That discomfort arises out of my own culture and upbringing, yet I deeply thank you for writing it because we all  need to be exposed to other ways of thinking and living.  That's the only way out of violence that springs from stupid prejudices.  Cathleen