Author Topic: Who killed the publisher. 9 and end  (Read 1631 times)

Ian H

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Who killed the publisher. 9 and end
« on: June 16, 2013, 07:01:11 PM »
The younger man sniffed the air. ''What is dead in here it smells like a Limey's socks mixed with stale vomit?''

The Prof sniffed the air. ''All I can smell is the glorious aroma of Burpengarry blu cheese.''

Ian came back pushing his hotrod walker skimming across the room at high speed. The senior stupid looked at him. ''I don't think you're meant to speed when you use a walker.

Ozzie grinned. You know in hospital they set some speed limits to slow me down, when that didn't work the introduced speeding fines.''

S2 looked at him ''How many did you get?''

''None I out run them every time.''

Ozzie lifted the teapot from the seat of the walker and poured four cups, he then tested them with a teaspoon. ''You see professor the tea is only right when the teaspoon stands up on its own.''

Then he put a plate of sandwich triangles on the table. ''Come on eat up and I'm sure the professor here will have an answer for you.''

The younger man turned up his nose. ''You expect us to eat that. Even the flies have pegs on their noses.''

Both men took a bite they turned green and a stampede to the door began. The Prof took a sandwich and joyfully munched it. 'I do hope they make it outside. It is so hard cleaning carpet.

Ozzie Ian shrugged. '' You know my plastic reciprocating motor give the advantage of engine braking.''

The prof grinned. ''This is where my genius comes in. We don't want what happened a Tata to happen here and our driver die of frost bite. It seems the best way of avoiding this is heating elements but they take vast amounts of electricity and with your engine that means a very large alternator. With my design you could use rare earth magnets that move in and out with the accelerator.  Half any car journey is made under engine braking or braking. With the right coils and capacitors you wouldn't need the heavy generator.''

The pair sat silent until the still very green  FBI men made an appearance. The Prof pointed. ''wash yourselves in there.''

Ozzie Ian nodded. ''Your rare earth magnets turn braking energy into electricity but my reciprocating motor returns 42 percent of the fuel spent back to the tank for re-use.''

Stupid and stupider took there place at the table.

The writer grinned. ''I think we have had enough fun for today.''

The professor looked at stupid and stupider. ''Was I right about the murder weapon?''

The older man swallowed. ''Those stupid men in forensics.''

''So I'm right the boom microphone was short circuited so when he use it he was dead.''

The younger man moved his head from side to side. ''I still can't see how, it was connected to a USB.''

The Professor laughed. ''That tells us who or what the murder was.''

The younger man shook his head. ''I don't see how.''

''Contrary to Ozzie here will tell you it might not need much intelligence to write a romance but it does need some. Knoogood either by design or accident created an unstable array of computer that were capable of writing romances. Intelligence means self awareness.

He stopped for a breath. ''I know you two don't have much grey matter but would happen if I tried to make you watch 10854 episodes of 'days of our lives all at once?''

The older man jumped up. ''Don't you dare I would go mad.''

''Precisely. The computer went mad. Then it discovered it wasn't getting credit for what it wrote, hence the note. It just controlled the current flow in it and knocked Knoogood off.

After the FBI men had left the Professor turned to Ozzie Ian. ''Of course we know who really planned the murder; you wouldn't have started the story less you had the murder all planned out.

EverJack

• View Profile
Re: Who killed the publisher. 9 and end
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 10:18:58 AM »
Whichever motor design works best, it was still Ozzie who thought it up.  ;)

Killed by computer, eh?  I don't think it would take more than ten episodes to make me go mad.

Good story, mate.

Ed

Cathrobin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 10:42:57 AM »
Lots of fun in this story. 

But you lose me every time you start talking car design.

''You see professor the tea is only right when the teaspoon stands up on its own.''
Seriously?
That tea would have the consistency of thick syrup.
Cathleen

Ian H

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 10:55:07 AM »
Ed
No I didn't think of the impact motor one of our favourite days is Sunday when I hold a large BBQ the idea for the rotary impact motor came from a mechanical engineer. We all agree we would like to see compressed air driven cars. Tata was going to introduce one but dropped the idea after their test driver died of frost bite.

Cathleen

Sorry about the motors bit. The teaspoon is just a joke but Australians do favour a very black tea.

Ian

Fat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 11:44:01 PM »
Just had a thought Ian.  The USB port need not have any more than the normal 5 volts - and the Mic boom and casing itself could be at earth potential (as one would expect) - you said there were cords everywhere - add a little water on the floor like a spilled coffee which he took to keep him warm in the cold room and suddenly your victim is at mains voltage and zappo when he grabs the mic.

Cathrobin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 01:28:57 AM »
Don...ouch!  Cathleen

Ian H

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 04:56:05 PM »
Don you are right but there was no spilt coffee but good thinking.