Author Topic: From Galactic central  (Read 2427 times)

Ian H

• Administrator
    • View Profile
From Galactic central
« on: March 25, 2013, 10:30:45 AM »
“Dad. Why has that planet got a big red cross through it on the Galactic map?

Jarren tightened his grip on Noeen. Noeen was like any eleven year old galactic wide. Jarren knew the boy had his Anti-grav cranked to the maximum  and would disappear into the depths of the Galactic museum as soon as he got a chance.

Jarren pointed at the script below the red cross on the map. “It says here the planet is Earth; the third planet of a sun called Sol way out on the spiral arm. It says the most venomous,malignant and destructive creatures ever evolved come from this planet so it is quarantined in perpetuity.

The father didn't notice he was talking to empty air so intrigued was he.

Noeen was heading like a rocket launched at the DeLite Lick stand with a credit in his hand.

Jarren read on he shook his head at the numbers killed each year, the suffering caused.

When he had finished he went in search of his son thanking God that only Earth had invented politicians.

EverJack

• View Profile
Re: From Galactic central
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 11:59:16 AM »
I'm not sure if this was the end or only the beginning of this, but I grinned at the last line.

The following could possibly be true, and not just the politicians:  the most venomous,malignant and destructive creatures ever evolved come from this planet

Ed
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 12:00:55 PM by EverJack »

Jim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 10:53:37 PM »
He is most likely going to visit downunder first!  I see this as a lead in to a political funny story! 

Ian H

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 09:40:39 AM »
Ed
This was just letting of some steam. Yesterday two people died because the right wing party blocked a safety measure by the opposition their only grounds were it was proposed by those dangerous small l liberals.

Jim
Our representatives have forgotten they are elected by the people to do the best they can for their country. Instead things has degenerated to a point if one side suggests it the other side opposes it.

Ian

EverJack

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 12:24:40 PM »
Hmm........  sounds like the U.S.    Instead things has degenerated to a point if one side suggests it the other side opposes it.

Ed

cayenne

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 01:00:15 AM »
This is beautiful:
Noeen was heading like a rocket launched at the DeLite Lick stand with a credit in his hand.

It is a brilliant comment on our political situation, but like Ed - I could see this developed. Noeen could have adventures. :)
Kerrie

Cathrobin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 06:41:58 AM »
Your political satire is very good and has a bite to it.  Backing it out into the spheres gives a perspective.  Our quibbles seem so small and unimportant seen from that distance.  Good technique.  Cathleen

Ian H

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 08:49:07 AM »
Kerrie
It seems in a few words I have created a new character.Once I'm over the damage done to my brain by the anesthesia I will think about more Noeen stories after all he gives me a chance to look at things from outside.

Cathleen
I'm glad you found bite in this.

Ian