Author Topic: A thought  (Read 448 times)

Ian H

• Administrator
    • View Profile
A thought
« on: November 17, 2013, 07:12:35 AM »
Birds of a feather flock together and so it is with my Sunday lunches.

Queensland is a lovely state but unfortunately it has the lowest level of education in Australia.  Education seems to lead to our ability of organised critical thinking.

This inability has lead to the State electing a fundamentalist Government.

This was the main talking point at last Sundays lunch. An eye for an eye mentality has swept over the state. With bikie gangs being the major target.

I agree they are a problem, a very visible problem but when you do some research you find that they only contribute 8.6% of violent crime in the state.

The new laws introduced appeals to most the voters but in any fight there is no winner but two losers.

The new laws attempt to solve violence with violence as has been recently shown by using both the Army and a tank on a raid on the bikies headquarters. Has this solved gang warfare?

No it has escalated gang warfare. The bikie gangs have united and the other gang the police now go to sleep with guns under their pillows. There is now more warfare than before.

Whilst a discussion over this was going on a question that turned my stomach and I had been waiting for more than a week to ask Linda her ideas on, gained an entrance.

Apart from being a very handsome woman, she is very intelligent and dedicated to helping intellectually disadvantaged children get as good an education as they can absorb.

Another thing the Government wants to do would be funny if it wasn't so sad. The old testament says spare the rod and spoil the child.

They want to solve QLDs education problems by reintroducing the cane.

I got a chance to ask Linda her thoughts. She had a look of horror. “There is no way I'll teach violence.”

This brought up an interesting thought do violent laws produce violent people?

EverJack

• View Profile
Re: A thought
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 10:33:11 AM »
I'm sure that your last question has been a subject of discussion among many groups, Ian.  If I had the answer to it, I'd run for governor.....  lol.

Ed

Cathrobin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 11:15:14 PM »
Fighting violence with violence, history shows, only begets more violence.  That said, I'm glad Hitler didn't win. Cathleen

Ian H

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 05:55:52 AM »
Cathleen

Many historians believe Hitler was a product of financial violence. I'm no economist to me it's a black art but there is a logic when they say that the fines and penalties place on Germany after WW1 forced Germany into poverty and led to the election of a mad man.

The world too a different line after WW2 and helped both Germany and Japan out only punishing the leaders not the people and both countries are now worthwhile allies.

Ian