Author Topic: Suppression 2  (Read 2136 times)

Ian H

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Suppression 2
« on: March 29, 2013, 08:51:39 PM »
The rag in the neck of the bottle appeared to have been lit but being made of fire resistant cloth had gone out.

Three weeks later Jack looked at the ply wood covering the space where we used to perv on the girls in summer dresses. “That window depresses me.”

I laughed. “Every body knows that Fitzroy was mad. Whether it was the fact he felt responsible for Charles Darwin's evil theories or his battle with Lok Lekee.”

Jack looked at me. “Lok Lekee?”

“Every morning Fitzroy would raise the English flag over the South Island; every day Lok Lekee would emerge from the forest and use his axe to cut down the flag pole. It sent Fitzroy mad our boss has no intention to be sent mad by replacing vandalised windows. When a bucket of paint will cover the Traitors sign each day.”

Jack looked at me. “But why are they doing it?”

I shrugged. “It is a nuisance painting the abuse out each morning' but other than that it has no effect. Maybe the man is mad.”

Jack walked towards the picture of my car  had stuck on the inside of the board. “I still say it is the ugliest racing saloon I have ever seen it looks like an Army truck squashed down.”

I shrugged. “The Triple S is very angular but she is very fast. Not easy to drive but fast. You should have seen her at the quarry.”

“You did well at Winton then.”

I grinned. “Racked up enough points to drive the Mountain again this year.”

“Your taking the Triple S to Bathurst?”

“Dunno yet. The new rules buggers us.”

He looked at me. “New rules?”

I nodded. “No longer can you drive the full 500 miles. You have to have a co-driver. There are only nine drivers who I would trust driving a triple S and five of them are tied to the factory.

It was a week later I was dragged from a warm comfortable sleep to the frosty air of the early morning by the phone.

Rubbing the sleep from my eyes I looked at the black scar on Double brick wall of our office.

As I stood at the police tape the Sergeant come up to me. “I wish you would give up your anti-Vietnam campaign it has stirred some nut up. He isn't very competent but if he gets lucky the story might be different.”

I looked at him. “Are you for the blood of our twenty year olds fertilising the jungle of Vietnam and I have no idea for what reason? Can you tell me why we are in Vietnam?”

Cathrobin

• View Profile
Re: Suppression 2
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 12:16:09 AM »
Can you tell me why we are in Vietnam?”  That's what I'd like to know.  And Korea before that.

You are packing a lot of threads in this story...as usual...and I imagine as usual, the threads will spin into one.  I really enjoy your journalism stories.  Cathleen

Jim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 05:15:40 AM »
I am interested in seeing where you are going with this post.

Ian H

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 06:27:01 AM »
Cathleen as I was writing this I asked myself what about Korea?

Jim
I think any thing you can think of is miles from the mark.

Ian

Cathrobin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 08:09:15 AM »

I think any thing you can think of is miles from the mark.

Rats!  Another Ian story that's going to keep me off balance.  Yet enjoying the tilts along the way.  cathleen

EverJack

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 12:28:08 PM »
I'm wondering how the escaped man has to do with Vietnam and car racing, but I'm sure I'll find out.   ;)

Ed

Jim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 10:42:54 PM »
Ian.. I neve assume anything with your stories.  You ahve taught me well mate!