Author Topic: The li'll Lady Bullocky whips the new era part 2/1  (Read 434 times)

Ian H

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The li'll Lady Bullocky whips the new era part 2/1
« on: January 15, 2014, 10:51:50 AM »
The bullocks seemed to take their mood from the Li'll Lady as they trudged across the dusty plane with their heads down. That was until they sniffed home and suddenly found energy.

Like many of the people from Spewah she was resourceful. Only the Queen and London could allocated land meaning native borns couldn't own land. But the Eureka agreement provided the Li'll lady with a loop hole.

Under the agreement native borns were allowed mining leases, The land all 38 acres was the Li'll lady's for 25 years as long as she paid 1 shilling and 7 pence a year and could show some mining activity.

The little lady had searched high and low until she came on an abandoned mine with green all around it and a permanent waterhole. It cost her a keg of English rum to have it surveyed, She often wondered did the London Rum company wonder what had happened to the keg of rum they were missing.

Even the thought of that didn't cheer her up as she let her boys free to feast on the knee high grass that had grown since her last visit home.

She grabbed up the purse she had been given and made into the kitchen  She swung a cupboard to one side ans entered a trap door that it had hidden.

When she had found the mine she had gone down it. It had been abandoned because a rock fall had blocked the tunnel.

Later on she had found an air vent that bypassed the blockage. She had built a hut over the vent then set about widening it. Making a safe vault for her treasures.

She added the purse to her already substantial dowry. And climbed back up.

That night she tossed and turned and woke to a tear soaked pillow. She packed a small bag then went out and rubbed the noses of each of her  bullocks . “You all be good boys while I'm gone. Don't get too fat or I'll have to work you double when I get back.”

She threw some clothes into a grip. She would've felt naked without her whip.

Fortunately on her adventures I n Texas she had run into a conman sharp named was it Brumby or Maverick. She shrugged it didn't really matter they were the same thing, wild horses.

He had got her into a poker game. She grinned the poor man he thought her a weak woman. By the time the Li'll lady had finished with him he was there in his grimy long Johns as the Li'll lady had won every thing else he had. Even the hundred dollar bill he had hidden in his shoes.

But more importantly, she had won his pool stick and the case it was in. She found pool a silly game after all all you had to do was knock balls into the pockets on the side of the table with the other ball. It was like shooting ducks on the pond.

The stick had made great fire wood, but the case was perfect. She folded her whip and slid it in the case. She would prefer be seen nude in public than to be without her whip.

She then walked to her neighbors house. He took her into the station in his trap. For the first time since she was twelve she was going to ask for help.

EverJack

• View Profile
Re: The li'll Lady Bullocky whips the new era part 2/1
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 02:48:55 PM »
Is the Li'll Lady thinking back in time at the following, Ian?  I thought she was:      Fortunately on her adventures I n Texas she had run into a conman sharp named was it Brumby or Maverick. She shrugged it didn't really matter they were the same thing, wild horses.

Ed

Ian H

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 03:01:11 PM »
Ed
Remember you helped me with the Li'll Lady in Texas? I referred back to that story. And her encounter with a sharp.

Ian

EverJack

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 11:08:49 AM »
Gotcha, mate......   ;)

Ed

Cathrobin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 12:41:36 AM »
Now what is she up to?   :)

Hmmm.  what help is she seeking?  and that makes me wonder why she asked for help when she was 12?

The Lil Lady might be down but she is definitely not out.
Cathleen